At Laleham Gap, we recognise the vital contribution of P.E. to the health and well-being of all our children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and support for individual children’s basic skills development have a positive influence on the confidence, concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all pupils.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will help us to:
· Continue and extend our provision through enabling all of our children access to P.E through a good mastery of basic skills (Core strength, ball skills, balance, tactics and positive attitudes in sport),
· Training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions
· Giving access to high quality learning spaces and resources
· Providing well-resourced and in depth support programs for our children’s often complex needs such as Fizzy and Sensory Circuits.
· Take part in sports competitions
What is the Sports Premium?
The government has allotted funding each year for previous academic years to provide new and substantial primary school sport funding. The funding is provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport and to raise the profile of and children’s engagement in sports and physical activity but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. In the case of Laleham Gap we are focusing on the above criteria alongside supporting the physical development of our children and the difficulties they sometimes encounter in line with their individual diagnoses or complexities.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- Buying P.E equipment or facilities to promote sports and engagement in physical exercise and healthy lifestyles.
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running and taking part in sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils at sport clubs and residential visits
Primary School’s Sports Funding
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page. Laleham Gap School must report on the use of its 2018-2019 Sports Premium funding at the end of the academic year (No later than July 31st 2019).