- Pay: MPS/UPS + 1 SEN Point
- Start Date: Sep 2018
- App Close Date: 02/07/2018 at 10:00
- Interviews: 10.07.2018
Job Description & Person Specification
We are looking for a well-qualified SEMH Teacher to provide specialist support and advice to professionals working with children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs in schools and Further Education settings. You will be facilitating specialist training and professional development opportunities for staff and giving advice to schools to support / improve the quality of teaching and learning for children with SEND.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic team working collaboratively with school staff and other professional agencies to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND within the Thanet area.
Do you have:
- Experience of building capacity through training and coaching.
- Excellent Knowledge and experience of SEMH practice in mainstream or special school.
- Working knowledge of current SEMH interventions and approaches
- Specialist experience and qualifications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations
- An ability to work on your own initiative when needed and as part of a team
- Motivation to turn vision and strategy into exciting new initiatives
- Resilience, skills and attitude to support schools dealing with challenging behaviours
- Own transport (essential)
Job Contact Information
To apply for this position, please go to the kent-teach website.